netoops blog

Disabling the click on My Computer


You can restrict any user to access your system drives if you disable the click feature on My Computer. User will get no any changes when he will try to open My Computer.By editing the windows registry keys, you can Disable the click feature on My Computer.
Follow the given steps to Disable My Computer setting.

1.Click Start->run->type regedit and hit Enter

2.In Registry editor Click Edit in the menu bar and Select Find (or) Simply Press Ctrl+F and
Copy and Paste the below key exactly which is given below.

20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D


3.May be you will find this value on path HKey_Classes_Root \CLSID section

4.Here Delete the entire section of this value.

5.Now close the registry editor and restart your computer after any changes to go into effect..

0 Comments:

Followers